Introduces the basic concepts of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
CFD Simulations are applied in several industries and sectors including:
- Renewable Energy - including Small head turbines e.g. Kaplan, Archimedes screw; Wind turbines etc.
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Environment - including Wind, Water flow; pollution dispersion (air and water modelling)
- Fluid flow - including Pipe and Valve flow (Plumbing systems; Oil pipelines); Open channel flow
- Turbomachinery flow
- Aerospace and Automobile
This Course provides a hands-on introduction to CFD. The learner is led through practical exercises and projects.
The Course culminates with an individual capstone Project.
- Instructor: Daniel O. Odido